Tata Motors recently unveiled the new models of Nexon and Nexon EV, which will soon be launched. The company is also preparing to launch facelifted models of Harrier and Safari, following the launch of both the updated sub-compact SUVs. The prototypes of both these mid-size SUVs have been spotted multiple times in recent months, and a prototype of Safari was recently seen during testing near the company’s manufacturing plant in Pune.
The upcoming Safari facelift is expected to have minor styling updates, including updated taillamps and a new reflector setup integrated with the rear bumper. The facelifted Safari is likely to be equipped with the existing 2.0-liter Kryotec diesel engine, producing 168 bhp of power and 350 Nm of peak torque.
It will be available with a 6-speed manual or a 6-speed torque converter automatic gearbox. Tata Motors is also reportedly developing a new 1.5-liter turbocharged petrol engine, which may be introduced later for Safari and Harrier. The engine could come with a 6-speed manual transmission or a 7-speed DCT automatic gearbox. The new Safari facelift will compete with market rivals like Mahindra XUV700 and MG Hector.
– Tata Motors has introduced updates to its lineup, including the Nexon and Nexon EV models.
– The company is also preparing to launch facelifted models of the Harrier and Safari SUVs.
– The Safari facelift has been spotted testing in Pune, India.
– The exterior design of the Safari facelift will have minimal changes, including updated taillamps and a new reflector setup.
– The SUV will also feature new alloy wheels and other minor styling updates.
– The Safari facelift is expected to be powered by the existing 2.0-liter diesel engine.
– Tata Motors may also launch a petrol model with a new 1.5-liter turbocharged petrol engine.
– The Safari facelift will be available with either a 6-speed manual or a 7-speed DCT automatic transmission.
– The Safari facelift will compete with the Mahindra XUV700 and MG Hector in the market.