TVS Motor Company and BMW Motorrad recently celebrated the completion of their 10-year strategic partnership. This collaboration began in April 2013 with the aim of developing new motorcycles in the sub-500cc segment for the global market through shared design, technology, and knowledge. Over the past decade, TVS and BMW Motorrad have achieved significant milestones by selling more than 140,000 motorcycles worldwide. The partnership resulted in the launch of several successful models, including the BMW G 310 R, BMW G 310 GS, BMW G 310 RR, and TVS Apache RR 310. Both companies have focused on promoting high-quality engineering and globally competitive products, strengthening their relationship and paving the way for future collaborations.
– TVS Motor Company and BMW Motorrad have completed their 10-year strategic partnership.
– The partnership began in April 2013 and involved the development of new motorcycles in the sub-500 cc segment for the global market.
– TVS and BMW Motorrad have achieved significant milestones, selling over 1.4 lakh motorcycles worldwide in the past decade.
– The BMW G 310 R was the first bike to come out of this collaboration, followed by the BMW G 310 GS and BMW G 310 RR. TVS also launched its performance bike Apache RR 310 based on this platform.
– Both companies have focused on promoting new directions, high quality, customer satisfaction, engineering expertise, and world-class products in their 10-year partnership.
– TVS’ manufacturing facility in Hosur, Tamil Nadu contributes to approximately 10% of BMW Motorrad’s global production.
– The BMW G 310 range is now sold in over 100 countries, including Europe, America, Latin America, Japan, China, and India.
– In December 2021, the India-Germany partnership announced the joint development of electric vehicles with a new platform.