Mahindra, one of the leading car companies in the Indian market, has announced that it will recall over 1.10 lakh units in its XUV range, including the XUV700 and XUV400 EV. This recall is related to the testing of the wiring loom routing process in the engines of these cars.
The recall includes 1,08,306 units of the XUV700 SUV and 3,560 units of the first electric SUV. Mahindra has also unveiled two new concept cars, the Global Pik Up and Thar.e EV, at its Futurescope event in South Africa. Production of these models will begin in 2026.
– Mahindra is one of the leading companies selling cars in the Indian market.
– The company has announced the recall of over 1.10 lakh units in its XUV range, including the XUV700 and XUV400 EV.
– The recall is for testing the wiring loom outing process in the engines of the XUV700 and XUV400 cars.
– The units manufactured between June 8, 2021, and June 28, 2023, for XUV700 and February 16, 2023, and June 5, 2023, for XUV400 are included in the recall.
– The company will contact each customer individually to rectify the issue and any future improvements will be provided to customers free of cost.
– Mahindra has introduced two new concepts, the Global Pik Up and Thar.e EV, at its FutureSCOPE event in South Africa.
– The production of these models will start in 2026, and the company may establish new plants for this purpose.
– The Thar.e EV has a futuristic design compared to the current ICE model, with features such as rounded corners, square LED headlights, and a steel front bumper.
– The launch date for the Thar.e has not been announced yet, but it is expected to be in 2024 or early 2025.
– The upcoming vehicles from Mahindra will be based on the INGEO-P1 platform, which will provide increased ground clearance and better off-road capabilities.
– The cars may have new features and smart specifications.