Upcoming Maruti Swift Hybrid: Maruti Suzuki India, the leading automobile manufacturer, is all set to unveil the fifth-generation hatchback Swift in the Japanese market this year. The sporty variant of the Swift, known as the Swift Sport, is expected to be launched in 2024 in an all-new avatar.
According to media reports, the upcoming Swift will come with a major upgrade in its powertrain. It is rumored to be equipped with Toyota’s strong hybrid technology. The powertrain is expected to include a 1.2L, 3-cylinder petrol engine with an electric motor. However, the option of a robust hybrid powertrain may be available only in the top variant.
The new Swift will continue to feature the current 1.2-liter DualJet petrol engine that the company is currently using. It may also offer the option of CNG. The car is expected to come with a 5-speed manual and an AMT gearbox option.
In terms of mileage, the upcoming Swift Hybrid is expected to deliver an impressive fuel efficiency of around 35-40 kmpl. It is also expected to meet the CAFÉ II (Corporate Average Fuel Economy) norms.
In terms of design, the new Swift is likely to have significant changes compared to the current model. It is expected to feature a more angular look with a new grille, sleeker headlights with LED elements, fox air vents, and tweaked bumpers. The car may also come with new body panels, blackout pillars, prominent wheel arches, and a roof-mounted spoiler.
As for features, the Swift is expected to come with wireless smartphone connectivity, Suzuki voice control, and over-the-air updates (OTA) along with a new SmartPlay Pro+ touchscreen infotainment system.
The upcoming Swift Hybrid will face tough competition from the Tata Altroz.
– Maruti Suzuki is preparing to launch the fifth generation of its hatchback Swift in the Japanese market this year.
– The upcoming Swift Hybrid will have a powerful hybrid powertrain, similar to Toyota’s hybrid technology.
– It is expected to have a 1.2L, 3-cylinder petrol engine with an Atkinson cycle, and a mild hybrid powertrain option may be offered in the top variant.
– The new Swift is expected to come with a 1.2-liter Dualjet petrol engine and may have the option for CNG fuel as well.
– The mileage of the upcoming Swift Hybrid is expected to be around 35-40 km/l, and it will comply with CAFÉ II (Corporate Average Fuel Economy) standards.
– The exterior of the upcoming Swift will have significant changes, including a redesigned front grille, sleeker headlights, and tweaked bumpers.
– Advanced features such as wireless smartphone connectivity, Suzuki Voice Control, and an upgraded touchscreen infotainment system may be available in the Swift.
– The upcoming New Maruti Swift Hybrid will compete with Tata Altroz, which offers a 1.2L Revotron engine and options for diesel, petrol, and CNG fuel.