Borussia Dortmund secured a 3-1 victory over Bochum, thanks to a hat-trick from Niclas Fuellkrug, propelling them into the top four of the Bundesliga. Fuellkrug opened the scoring from the spot early on, but Bochum equalized with a comical own goal from Dortmund defender Nico Schlotterbeck. However, Fuellkrug powered Dortmund back into the lead with a headed goal and added another from the spot in injury time. The win now places Dortmund in the top four, just one point behind third-placed Stuttgart. Union Berlin also secured a 1-0 victory over Darmstadt, lifting them five points clear of the relegation zone.
– Borussia Dortmund won 3-1 over Bochum, with Niclas Fuellkrug scoring a hat-trick
– Dortmund moved into the top four of the Bundesliga
– Fuellkrug opened the scoring with a penalty, Bochum equalized with an own goal, Fuellkrug scored two more goals
– Union Berlin also won 1-0 over Darmstadt, lifting them five points clear of the relegation zone
– Union played with manager Nenad Bjelica watching from the stands due to suspension
– Bjelica’s status as manager may be in question due to an altercation with an opposing player