Real Madrid overcame Las Palmas 2-1 in the Canary Islands and regained the lead in the Spanish league. Vinícius Júnior and Aurélien Tchouaméni scored second-half goals to seal the victory.
The first half saw a stalemate between the two top defenses in the league. However, midfielder Javi Muñoz put Las Palmas ahead in the 53rd minute from a pass by Sandro Ramírez. In the 66th minute, Vinícius Júnior equalized with an assist from Eduardo Camavinga. Tchouaméni then secured the win with a header in the 84th minute after coming on as a late substitute.
Madrid moved two points ahead of Girona before its upcoming match against Celta Vigo. It is an important victory for Madrid, especially considering that top scorer Jude Bellingham was serving a one-game suspension for accumulating five yellow cards. Bellingham and Girona’s Artem Dovbyk currently lead the league with 14 goals each.
Las Palmas has exceeded expectations, given that they played in the second division last season and lack a quality striker. Midfielder Kirian Rodríguez leads the team with five goals, and the team has a strong passing game. Coach Francisco García Pimienta, who previously coached Barcelona’s youth and reserve teams, has managed to make Las Palmas a defensively sound side not by packing the area but rather by holding possession.
The match was a defensive affair for much of the first half, but Madrid finally started to click with half an hour left. Camavinga found a way past Las Palmas’ backline with a chipped ball that Vinícius drilled in from an angle. Madrid kept pressing for the winner and found it when Tchouaméni, who had just replaced Camavinga, met Toni Kroos’ corner kick and beat goalkeeper Álvaro Vallés.
In the end, it was an important victory for Madrid as they look to maintain their lead in the Spanish league.
– Real Madrid won 2-1 against Las Palmas
– Real Madrid regained the lead of the Spanish league
– Vinícius Júnior and Aurélien Tchouaméni scored the goals
– Madrid moved two points ahead of Girona
– Las Palmas was in eighth place
– Madrid and Las Palmas have strong defenses
– Madrid was without top scorer Jude Bellingham
– Las Palmas has exceeded expectations with a strong defensive game
– Madrid clinched the win with Tchouaméni’s last-minute goal
– Barcelona trailed Madrid by 10 points before the game against Villarreal
#RealMadrid #LaLiga #ViníciusJúnior #AurélienTchouaméni #LasPalmas #SpanishLeague #CarloAncelotti #Girona #CeltaVigo #JudeBellingham #ArtemDovbyk #Barcelona #Villarreal #Soccer #APnews