Nicki Minaj has been facing some controversy following the release of Megan Thee Stallion’s new song “Hiss.” The track was dropped on Friday and Nicki immediately reacted to it on social media, claiming that she and her husband, a convicted sex offender, were being dissed in some of the lyrics.
In a series of tweets and an Instagram Live session, Minaj called Megan a liar and a flop, while also claiming that the rapper lied about being shot by Tory Lanez. This situation escalated even further when Minaj teased a new song on Instagram Live, where she raps about a “bad bitch” falling off and needing to get up on her good foot, seemingly alluding to Megan’s experience of being shot by Lanez.
Although it’s unclear which specific lyrics are about Minaj, fans believe that she’s mad at the line, “These hoes don’t be mad at Megan, these hoes mad at Megan’s Law,” which references the federal legal requirement that convicted sex offenders appear on a registry. Minaj’s husband was convicted of attempted rape in the mid-Nineties and served time in prison. In 2021, he was sentenced to home confinement and probation for failing to register as a sex offender. He violated his probation and was placed on house arrest once again in September 2023.
Following these events, Megan explained that the song was directed at various individuals, regardless of their gender. She commented that whenever someone uses her name, they get 24 hours of attention and that her message was that a “hit dog gon’ holler,” implying that anyone who feels targeted by her lyrics will react defensively.
The situation between the two rappers seems to be getting increasingly tense, with Minaj comparing the success of their respective songs, accusing Megan of winning “fraudulent awards,” and repeatedly calling her a “flop.” She also took a dig at Megan’s writing abilities, claiming that she uses ghostwriters. Minaj blamed her shade towards Megan on her alter ego, Roman.
The background of their feud is unclear, as they previously collaborated on the successful song “Hot Girl Summer” in 2019. It is evident from their recent interactions that there is some animosity between the two artists.
– Nicki Minaj has been upset about Megan Thee Stallion’s new song “Hiss”
– She believes Megan calls her and her husband out in a lyric
– Nicki Minaj has been tweeting negative things about Megan
– She previewed a new song on Instagram live with lyrics seemingly dissing Megan
– The conflict likely started from a line in Megan’s song that references Megan’s Law, where Minaj’s husband was convicted
– Megan stands by her song, saying it’s about calling out people that talk about her
– Nicki believes that Megan doesn’t deserve her success and Grammy awards
– Megan’s ghost writers have been called into question by Nicki
– Nicki’s feud seems to be linked with her alter ego Roman
– The two rappers collaborated on a track together in 2019
#NickiMinaj #MeganTheeStallion #Hiss #ToryLanez #NickiMinajTwitter #MeganTheeStallionIG #RollingStone #CelebrityBeef #CelebrityFeud #HipHopDrama #MusicNews