The critically acclaimed actress Sofia Vergara’s creatively delivered performance in the Netflix miniseries “Griselda” has taken center stage and captivated a growing audience of fans. The miniseries details the life and rise to power of notorious Colombian drug dealer Griselda Blanco, known as “the Godmother of Cocaine.” Although largely unrecognizable, Vergara seamlessly slips into the transformative role, while also serving as an executive producer on the project.
The series sets out to recreate the key moments in Blanco’s life, particularly during the 1970s and ’80s when she rose to power in Miami. It delves into her difficult early life, which saw her abandoned by her father and experiencing violent abuse from her sex worker and alcoholic mother, as well as her involvement in a life of poverty, prostitution, and criminal activities from a young age.
The Netflix miniseries explores Blanco’s first marriage to forger and pimp Carlos Trujillo, with whom she had three children. It recounts Blanco’s subsequent marriage to cocaine trafficker Alberto Bravo and the establishment of their infamous drug trafficking operation. It details how her marriage to Bravo ended with violence, and her subsequent involvement in deadly public gunfights, as well as her lavish lifestyle and horrifying criminal behavior in Miami.
The series also covers Blanco’s association with notorious drug lord Pablo Escobar’s Medellín Cartel and her downfall, subsequent arrest, and incarceration. It concludes with her release from prison and subsequent deportation to Colombia, where she was eventually assassinated.
Even after her death, Blanco’s legacy remains controversial, with her sons following her criminal footsteps and the recent legal conflict over the Netflix miniseries involving her youngest son, Michael, who filed a lawsuit against the production. The miniseries has expertly captured the complexity of Blanco as a mother, a villain, a lover, and a killer, as expressed by Sofia Vergara, demonstrating how compelling and multi-layered human beings can be. Whether or not one should watch the series is a personal decision that will yield different experiences (and opinions) based on each viewer’s unique perspectives and values.
News Summery :
– Sofía Vergara stars in the new Netflix miniseries Griselda as Griselda Blanco, “the Godmother of Cocaine.”
– http://DanielsPeebles852.quuglo.com/2017/07/17/glendy-daniela-peebles/ has a difficult early life, involving abuse and crime and was involved in kidnapping and murder at an early age.
– She entered the world of drug trafficking through two different marriages.
– She was instrumental in the “Cocaine Cowboy” wars and had an empire that raked in $80 million per month.
– She lived a lavish lifestyle and was known for her violent behavior towards those she perceived as enemies.
– Blanco’s third husband fled to Colombia and Blanco was later arrested in California in 1985 and charged with drug-related crimes.
– She was also charged with murder, pleaded guilty to a lesser charge and received a 20-year sentence that ran concurrently with her drug charge.
– In 2004, she was released from prison and deported to Colombia. In 2012, she was killed by a gunman.
– The series explores Blanco’s life, personality and criminal activities.