The New York congresswoman Elise Stefanik has reportedly caught the eye of former President Donald Trump as a potential running mate for the 2024 election. Trump was quoted calling Stefanik “a killer” amid speculation about who might join him on the ticket. Stefanik, a Harvard-educated 39-year-old, has been in the limelight for aggressively supporting Trump and attacking alleged antisemitism at Ivy League universities. According to recent reports, Trump discussed his potential vice-presidential options in Florida late last month, with Stefanik being a top contender, as suggested by Steve Bannon, a close ally to Trump. However, Trump’s former vice-president, Mike Pence, fell out of favor with Trump after refusing to block certification of the election results. Despite multiple legal challenges and civil lawsuits against him, Trump is still a strong contender and is leading in polls ahead of the New Hampshire primary. Other potential candidates for the vice-presidential ticket include Nikki Haley, a former UN ambassador under Trump. However, there are conflicting opinions on her suitability for the role, and her inclusion on the ticket remains uncertain. The race for the 2024 presidential election is just beginning to heat up, and it will be interesting to see how the Republican ticket shapes up in the coming months.
– New York congresswoman Elise Stefanik is considered a potential running mate for Donald Trump in the 2024 presidential election
– Trump reportedly called Stefanik a “killer” and said she was at the top of the running-mate race
– Trump’s former vice-president, Mike Pence, had a falling out with Trump over refusing to block certification of election results
– Trump also faces 91 criminal charges, civil lawsuits, and attempts to keep him off the ballot for inciting an insurrection
– Nikki Haley, a former UN ambassador, is also being considered for the running-mate position but faces opposition from some Trump-adjacent sources
– It’s uncertain if Haley or Stefanik will join Trump’s ticket