Deborah Sawyer, the mother of singer Doja Cat, has filed a petition seeking a restraining order against her son, Raman Dalithando Dlamini, alleging that he has physically and verbally abused her and her daughter. According to the petition, Doja Cat, whose real name is Amala Ratna Zandile Dlamini, has experienced physical harm such as knocked-out teeth, bruises, and lacerations at the hands of her brother. The petition also states that Raman has destroyed and stolen property, verbally assaulted both his mother and sister, and made them feel unsafe and traumatized.
The judge partially granted the temporary restraining order, pending a hearing in January, but stated that there was “insufficient good cause shown” in seeking protection for Doja Cat, suggesting that she file her own order. This comes after Sawyer was previously granted a restraining order against Raman in 2017, citing multiple instances of abuse.
Sawyer also expressed concern for the safety and wellbeing of her 13-year-old grandson, who allegedly witnessed some of the abuse and requested that he be included in the restraining order. The petition highlights Sawyer’s constant anxiety and fear for her safety and wellbeing, emphasizing the need for protection for all parties involved.
This situation sheds light on the pervasive issue of domestic abuse within families and the complexities of seeking legal protection in such cases. It is crucial for individuals in abusive situations to have access to the necessary resources and support to ensure their safety and wellbeing.
– Doja Cat’s mother filed a petition seeking a restraining order against her older brother, Raman Dalithando Dlamini
– Allegations include physical and verbal abuse, destruction and theft of property, and making her feel unsafe and traumatized
– The judge partially granted the temporary restraining order pending a hearing
– Raman Dlamini has allegedly abused his mother multiple times and was previously granted a restraining order against him in 2017
– The most recent abuse allegedly happened on Jan. 10 when he blocked his mother from entering her home and refused to leave
– Doja Cat’s mother requested the restraining order to protect the physical and emotional wellbeing of everyone involved, due to constant anxiety and fear for her safety and wellbeing