The Newport Beach Police Department announced that it has closed its investigation into an alleged inappropriate relationship between Oklahoma City Thunder guard Josh Giddey and an underage girl in California. Although the anonymous claims made on social media in November have not resulted in charges for Giddey in California, since the age of consent in the state is 18, the NBA’s review of the situation is still ongoing.
Giddey, who was selected by the Thunder as the No. 6 pick in the 2021 NBA Draft, has continued to play for the team amid the ongoing investigation. He is 21 years old and previously played for the Adelaide 36ers in the National Basketball League in Australia before joining the Thunder.
The NBA has stated that they will wait for the conclusion of the police investigation before taking any action regarding Giddey’s situation. Meanwhile, basketball fans eagerly await the league’s announcement regarding the probe.
– The Newport Beach Police Department has closed their investigation into an alleged inappropriate relationship between Oklahoma City Thunder guard Josh Giddey and an underage girl in California
– Giddey continues to play for the Thunder while the NBA’s review into the situation is ongoing
– The social media posts originally alleging the relationship have been deleted
– Josh Giddey was accused of having an inappropriate relationship with a girl in Newport Beach, California
– The Newport Beach Police Department confirmed their investigation is closed
– The NBA’s investigation into the situation is ongoing
– Giddey has not commented on the situation
– Giddey previously played for the Adelaide 36ers in Australia
– Giddey’s sister, Hannah, also played college basketball in the US