Oklahoma City Thunder guard Josh Giddey has been cleared of any criminal wrongdoing following allegations of inappropriate relations with a minor in Newport Beach, California. The claims emerged on social media in November, asserting that a 21-year-old Giddey was involved with a high school junior. However, after a thorough investigation, Newport Beach police were unable to corroborate any criminal activity related to Giddey, and the case has been closed.
The NBA had also opened an investigation into the claims and confirmed that they were aware of the findings in the police probe. Giddey, a top draft pick from Melbourne, Australia, has since declined to comment on the allegations. He was chosen sixth overall in the 2021 draft and is the first NBA Global Academy graduate to be selected in the NBA draft. Giddey’s achievements and contributions to the league have not been overlooked, as he was named to the All-Rookie second team during the 2021-2022 season.
– Oklahoma City Thunder guard Josh Giddey will not face charges following allegations of an inappropriate relationship with a minor in Newport Beach, California.
– The police conducted a thorough investigation but were unable to corroborate any criminal activity related to Giddey, resulting in the closure of the investigation.
– The allegations surfaced in November when an anonymous social media user claimed that a girl seen with Giddey in videos and pictures was a high school junior at the time.
– Giddey declined to comment on the allegations at a November news conference and the NBA had also opened its own investigation.
– Giddey, who is from Melbourne, Australia, was chosen sixth overall in the 2021 NBA draft and was named to the All-Rookie second team during the 2021-2022 season.