Disney Channel has officially ordered a pilot for a sequel series to the popular show “Wizards of Waverly Place.” The sequel will see original cast members David Henrie and Selena Gomez reprising their roles as Justin and Alex Russo. The pilot will also feature new cast members including Janice LeAnn Brown, Alkaio Thiele, and Mimi Gianopulos. The series will pick up after a mysterious incident at WizTech, where an adult Justin Russo has left his wizard powers behind, opting for a normal life with his family. However, he is thrown back into the world of magic when a young wizard in need of training shows up at his door. The show will be written and executive produced by Jed Elinoff and Scott Thomas, who previously co-created the Disney sequel series “Raven’s Home.” The original “Wizards of Waverly Place” was one of the most popular Disney Channel shows of its time and aired for four seasons between 2007 and 2012. This news has excited fans of the original series and has generated a lot of buzz within the Disney Channel community.
– Disney Channel has ordered a pilot for a “Wizards of Waverly Place” sequel series
– Original stars David Henrie and Selena Gomez will be involved in the potential series
– The series will pick up after a mysterious incident at WizTech
– The pilot will be written and executive produced by Jed Elinoff and Scott Thomas
– The original “Wizards of Waverly Place” aired for four seasons between 2007 and 2012 on Disney Channel