The magical world of “Wizards of Waverly Place” is set to make a comeback with a new sequel titled “Wizards.” Selena Gomez and David Henrie, who played the beloved sibling duo Alex and Justin Russo in the original show, will be executive producing the pilot. Gomez is also set to guest star in the pilot, while Henrie will reprise his role as Justin on a regular basis. The sequel will introduce new characters to Waverly Place and follow the story of Justin as he leaves his magical life behind, only to be pulled back into the Wizarding World by a young wizard seeking training.
The announcement has sparked excitement among fans, with Gomez and Henrie expressing their enthusiasm on social media. The pilot episode is written by Jed Elinoff and Scott Thomas, the creative minds behind the reboot of “That’s So Raven.” With the return of familiar faces and the introduction of new characters, “Wizards” promises to bring back the magic that captured the hearts of fans when the original show debuted in 2007.
– “Wizards of Waverly Place” sequel called “Wizards” is in the works
– Selena Gomez and David Henrie, who played Alex and Justin in the original show, are executive producers
– Gomez and Henrie will be appearing in the pilot
– New cast includes Janice LeAnn Brown, Alkaio Thiele, and Mimi Gianopulos
– The sequel follows the story of Justin leaving his job at WizTech to live a normal life with his family
– Pilot episode is written by Jed Elinoff and Scott Thomas
– The show is set to premiere in 2024 and is highly anticipated by fans.