Atletico Madrid emerged victorious in a spirited Copa del Rey match against rivals Real Madrid. The thrilling encounter concluded with Atletico securing a 4-2 win in extra-time. Antoine Griezmann and Rodrigo Riquelme’s goals in extra-time sent Atleti into the next round, shattering Real Madrid’s 21-match unbeaten streak.
Los Blancos had ample scoring opportunities, with Jude Bellingham narrowly missing a spectacular goal and Jan Oblak pulling off some outstanding saves. However, Atletico Madrid took the lead just before the interval, followed by a quick equalizer from Real Madrid.
The match concluded with Atletico striking two goals in extra time, sealing their victory. This result signifies a sense of revenge for Atletico, as they had lost to Real Madrid in a recent cup competition. Antoine Griezmann’s exceptional performance earned him the title of Player of the Match. This victory marks Atletico Madrid’s second triumph over Real Madrid this season.
– Atletico Madrid beat Real Madrid 4-2 to advance to the Copa del Rey quarter-final
– Antoine Griezmann and Rodrigo Riquelme scored two goals in extra time
– Real Madrid’s 21-match unbeaten streak came to an end
– Atletico took the lead twice through Samuel Lino and Alvaro Morata
– Joselu scored for Real Madrid to send the match into extra time
– Griezmann was named Player of the Match
– Real Madrid have only lost two games this season, both to Atletico Madrid