Tata Indica, also known as the ‘Creta ki Chutney’, is set to make a comeback and create a stir in the Indian automobile sector with its competitive pricing. It first entered the Indian market in 1998 as Tata’s first venture into the passenger car segment. Today, we will delve into the complete details of this car.
Within just two years of its launch, Tata Indica had received orders for approximately 1.5 million cars, which highlights the immense popularity and demand it enjoyed during that time. However, like every product, its popularity eventually waned, and Tata discontinued the production of Indica around five years ago.
During its prime, Tata Indica was a symbol of excellence in the automobile sector. Even today, it holds value in the second-hand car market, and its presence is still felt. The car garnered attention wherever it went, with people from villages and cities alike flocking to catch a glimpse of it.
The success of Indica even affected the sales of other car manufacturers. It drove Maruti Zen and Maruti 800 sales to a considerable extent. It was a time when Indica reigned supreme as the most sought-after car in the market.
However, with time, the demand for Indica diminished, leading to its discontinuation in 2018. The Tata Indica LX was the last model produced and is recognized as the top model among all variants.
Indica’s starting price at the time of its launch was around INR 5.59 lakhs (ex-showroom). Recently, Ratan Tata, in a social media post, commemorated the 25th anniversary of the launch of Indica, recalling the fond memories associated with it.
Tata Indica truly revolutionized the Indian passenger car industry during its prime. Its legacy and impact on the market still endure.
– Tata Indica was a popular car in the Indian automotive sector, launched in 1998.
– Within two years of its launch, around 1.75 lakh orders were received for Tata Indica.
– The car had a huge craze, with people coming from villages to cities to see it.
– Its popularity affected the sales of other car manufacturers in India.
– Tata Indica was considered one of the best-selling cars in the country.
– However, its production was discontinued in 2018.
– The last model of Tata Indica was called Tata Indica LX.
– The initial price of Tata Indica was around INR 5.59 lakhs.