Toyota Motor has launched the world’s first fully alternative fuel car, the Toyota Innova Hycross, which runs entirely on ethanol. The car is equipped with a flex-fuel engine and is capable of generating its own electric energy. It also has an EV mode for electric-powered driving. The car uses E100 grade ethanol and comes with a lithium-ion battery pack to support electric mode. The official release date for the production version of the electric Innova Hycross flex-fuel car is yet to be confirmed. This launch is a significant step towards reducing imported oil and decreasing pollution in India.
– Toyota Motor has launched the world’s first car that runs completely on alternative fuel ethanol.
– The car, based on the popular MPV Innova Highcross model, is equipped with a flex-fuel engine.
– It will not only use alternative fuel but also be capable of generating its own electric energy.
– The exact date of the production version of the electric Innova Highcross flex-fuel is not confirmed.
– The Innova Highcross flex-fuel variant is different from the hybrid version currently sold in India.
– It runs on E100 grade ethanol and also uses a self-charging lithium-ion battery.
– The hybrid powertrain of the Innova Highcross consists of a 2.0-liter petrol engine producing 181 bhp and offering a fuel economy of 23.24 km/l.
– India’s use of 20% ethanol in petrol is a significant step towards alternative clean fuel and reducing carbon footprint.