Yamaha RX 100: Set to Shake the Market Again with a New Look and Exciting Features, Giving Tough Competition to Royal Enfield
The Yamaha RX 100 is a bike that needs no introduction. In the olden days, this bike had a different aura altogether. It was highly admired for its incredible performance and powerful pickup. For a long time, there have been discussions about Yamaha planning to relaunch its immensely popular RX100 in the market.
However, the good news is that Yamaha will surely introduce a successor model to the RX 100. The serious question was how Yamaha would achieve the performance of the original 2-stroke RX100 with a 4-stroke engine. When asked about this, Chairman of Yamaha India, Ishin Chihana’s answer may alleviate the concerns of many people.
Chihana explained how familiar they were with the history of the RX100 in international markets and also acknowledged its prestige in the Indian market for riders of all ages. Let’s delve into the details.
The Yamaha RX 100, known for its dangerous look, will soon be back. Although it was discontinued in 1996, there is still a large number of customers eagerly awaiting its return in the Indian market. Company officials have stated that “Yamaha RX100 is a very special model for India and its styling, lightweight, power, and sound have made it so. To fulfill the criteria of a 4-stroke model, it would need to be at least 200cc. However, it is not possible to achieve the same stunning sound.”
Yamaha fans should not expect the return of the Yamaha RX 100 in the near future. Yamaha is working on it, and when the bike arrives, it will feature a performance-centric engine with a capacity of more than 200cc.
As for the price of the new look Yamaha RX 100, it is estimated to be around INR 1.25 lakh to 1.5 lakh, making it the most affordable Yamaha motorcycle in the country. This bike is expected to give tough competition to Royal Enfield.
Overall, the relaunch of the Yamaha RX 100 is eagerly anticipated, and enthusiasts hope that it will live up to the reputation of its predecessor and become a favorite among Indian riders once again.
– Yamaha RX 100, a popular bike from the 90s, is rumored to be relaunched in the market.
– Yamaha plans to bring a successor model with improved features and performance.
– The chairman of Yamaha India, Ishin Chihana, revealed that the company is aware of the bike’s popularity in India and is working on a relaunch.
– The new Yamaha RX 100 is expected to have a powerful engine with a displacement of at least 200cc.
– The bike’s styling, lightweight, power, and sound were its key features in the past.
– The relaunch of Yamaha RX 100 may pose a challenge to Royal Enfield in terms of competition.
– The expected price range for the bike is between 1.25 lakh to 1.5 lakh rupees in India.