1. Reliance Jio announced the launch of Jio AirFiber on September 19, 2023, which will provide high-speed internet to customers across India.
2. Jio AirFiber will be launched with affordable rates compared to market prices, offering fixed wireless access (FWA) devices to retail customers.
3. The capabilities of Jio AirFiber include connecting approximately 150,000 connections per day, surpassing the current capacity of connecting 15,000 campuses using optical fiber.
4. Jio AirFiber will provide wireless broadband services using 5G networks and advanced wireless technology for homes and offices.
5. Reliance Jio aims to reach 20 crore households and premises through Jio AirFiber, expecting to add 1.5 lakh new customers daily. The optical fiber infrastructure of Jio extends up to 1.5 million kilometers across the country.
RIL 46th AGM 2023: Reliance Jio announced on Monday the launch date of Jio Airfiber in its AGM. Group Chairman Mukesh Ambani revealed that Jio Airfiber will be launched on Ganesh Chaturthi, which falls on 19th September 2023, for customers across the country. This service will provide high-speed internet to customers and will be launched at affordable rates compared to market prices.
Mukesh Ambani expressed his delight in making this announcement and stated that Jio Airfiber will provide an opportunity for customer value and revenue growth. He further mentioned that with the use of optical fiber, they can currently connect approximately 15,000 campuses per day. However, with Jio Airfiber, they will be able to supercharge this expansion up to 150,000 connections per day.
Jio Airfiber will offer wireless broadband services using 5G network and advanced wireless technology in homes and offices. This release is expected to cause a significant disruption in the telecom sector. Reliance Jio aims to reach around 20 crore households and premises through Jio Airfiber, with the possibility of adding 1.5 lakh new customers every day.
Reliance Jio highlighted its extensive optical fiber infrastructure, spreading across 15 lakh kilometers throughout the country. On average, customers consume more than 280 GB of data per month on the optical fiber, which is 10 times higher than the per person mobile data consumption of Jio. Additionally, the company also announced the launch of Jio True 5G Developer Platform and Jio True 5G Lab during the 46th annual general meeting.
Overall, the launch of Jio Airfiber and the expansion of Reliance Jio’s optical fiber infrastructure will revolutionize the broadband and internet services market in India, providing high-speed connectivity to millions of customers across the country.