How to Improve Bike Mileage
With the rising prices of petrol, everyone is looking for ways to improve their bike’s mileage. By following a few tips, you can increase the mileage of your old scooter or bike. Let’s take a look at some easy tips to improve bike mileage.
1. Proper Tire Pressure: The tires should have the correct air pressure. Low air pressure can put extra strain on the engine, leading to decreased mileage. Overinflated tires can also cause pressure on the engine. The recommended air pressure for the next tire is between 22 PSI to 29 PSI, and for the previous tire, it should be between 30 PSI to 35 PSI.
2. Ensure Proper Lubrication: Keep your two-wheeler clean and lubricate its chain, engine, and other parts regularly. The lubrication of the disk brake should not be low. The engine should have sufficient lubrication to avoid excess friction, which can result in increased fuel consumption. Regularly change the engine oil.
3. Timely Servicing: Regular servicing of the bike is essential. Check the air filter, engine oil, and spark plug during servicing. Old or dirty engine oil can damage the bike’s parts, thereby affecting its mileage.
4. Avoid Overloading: Do not carry more than two people on your bike. Overloading puts additional strain on the engine and suspension. It also increases fuel consumption and poses a risk of damaging the bike’s parts.
5. Avoid Frequent Gear Changes: Ride your bike at a steady speed. Rapidly changing gears and applying brakes frequently puts extra pressure on the engine, affecting its mileage. Avoid riding the bike with half-clutch.
By following these simple tips, you can improve your bike’s mileage and save on fuel expenses.
– Maintaining the correct air pressure in the tires is important for improving bike mileage. Low air pressure can decrease mileage, while over-inflated tires can put pressure on the engine.
– Regularly oiling the bike, including the chain and engine, is necessary to reduce friction and prevent excessive fuel consumption. Regularly changing the engine oil is also recommended.
– Timely servicing of the bike, including checking the air filter, engine oil, and spark plug, is important to prevent damage to the bike’s parts and maintain mileage.
– Avoid carrying more than two passengers on the bike to prevent putting excess weight on the engine and suspension.
– Avoid frequently changing gears and driving at high speeds, as this can increase pressure on the bike and negatively affect mileage.